Fairmont, WV 26554
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
The Electronics Technician will work as part of a team alongside applications engineers to assemble, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and limited production runs of electronic components such as printed circuit boards, electrical circuitry, and test equipment.
Specific responsibilities may include:
· Assemble and modify prototype electronics systems and integrated assemblies, including circuit boards, wiring harnesses, unmanned ground vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles and other remotely operated systems. Assemble ground control stations used to operate these unmanned systems. Experience with surface mount assembly and rework a plus.
· Follow engineering assembly procedures developed internally and instructions contained within technical manuals. Adhere to quality assurance instructions used for assembly.
· Set up test rigs and fixtures to support projects. Assist in evaluating performance and reliability of prototype or production components using standard test equipment.
· Utilize various electronics test equipment to troubleshoot and test electronic, or electro-mechanical assemblies.
· Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system’s operating characteristics, malfunctions, and performance.
· Operate hand tools and simple machine tools such as bench lathes and drills to fabricate electronics components as well as text fixtures. Experience with benchtop milling machines, laser cutters and engravers, and 3D printers is a plus.
Education requirements: Associate’s Degree, Technical Certificate, Technical Schooling, or Apprenticeship in electronics engineering, electronics technology, or related field.
Experience requirements: 10 years
Military experience is a plus.
Pay rate determined in accordance with individual education and experience level.
4D Tech Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer. 4D Tech Solutions does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.